Consultant must have an active medical practice in most jurisdictions. In accordance with the company's rigorous standards, consultants must:
- Be Board Certified physicians or an appropriately certified practitioner of related and supporting medical specialties;
- Provide proof of medical malpractice insurance or be willing to purchase that of ExamWorks;
- Agree to and pass ongoing background checks for disciplinary action(s) via the NPDB/HIPDB;
- Agree to regularly scheduled site inspections to ensure that the highest standards of courtesy and professionalism are observed;
- Maintain offices that are well-kept and clean;
- Comply with turn-around-time requirements for independent medical exam and peer review scheduling and subsequent report generation; and
- Be available to testify when needed.